Find out more about the Lord-Lieutenant of Shropshire at:
The Shropshire Lieutenancy, together with the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership, the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce, and. the Shropshire Federation of Small Businesses, is promoting the opportunity to businesses of all sizes across our wonderful County to enter the
We all want to see national, indeed global, recognition for the absolute best organisations in Shropshire and therefore the Lord-Lieutenant has asked us to work together to promote the benefits of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise and to encourage more entries that reflect the breadth and depth of our business community. Applications for a Queen’s Award for Enterprise are welcomed from any size of business, if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Why Should I Enter?
The benefits to winning a QAE are immense; our previous Shropshire winners have seen incredible benefits for their business – not only the prestige and recognition but the positive impact on sales and staff morale of being recognised by the QAE team as a winner.
of their Brand and increase demand for their products
amongst employees and increase productivity
to attract the best talent to their team and board
to break into new markets
offers and development interests
The awards are valid for 5 years and if a business wins, they will be:
- Invited to a royal reception
- Presented the award by the Lord-Lieutenant at their premises
- Allowed to fly the Queen’s Award flag at their main offices and use the emblem on marketing materials (packaging, ads, stationery and website)
- Given a Grant of Appointment (and official certificate) and a commemorative crystal trophy
Winning the Queen’s Award has elevated the profile of Landau and the work we do on both a local and national scale
Sonia Roberts | Landau
The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is a globally recognised badge of excellence awarded to UK-based enterprises annually who have demonstrated outstanding achievements in four distinct categories:
Promoting Opportunity Through Social Mobility
Your organisation with can be a business or a non-profit needs to:
- Be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- File its Company Tax returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- Has at least 2 full-time UK employees pr part-time equivalents
- Demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
How to Enter?
To obtain more information on how to enter, visit the Queen’s Award for Enterprise website as the criteria for the Awards can be amended slightly each year.
- It’s important to fully read the entry requirements for each category and provide as much information as possible as to why your organisation should be considered into more than one category, but each entry will have to be submitted through each relevant category application form.
- As you would expect, this entry process does take time and will require you to upload considerable amounts of information about our organisation. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise team want to read about your organisation and feel the passion you have for the achievements your staff, products and services.
- We are aware of organisations that will, for a fee, write applications for a Queen’s Award for Enterprise (QAE). The advice from the QAE team in London is that it’s not necessary to outsource the submission of an award application; the team want to hear personally from the business about what it had achieved and why they are so special.
- The winners for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2022 will be announced in 2023. The closing date for entries is the 6th September 2022.
Need some help with your application?
There is a dedicated team of Deputy Lieutenants based in Shropshire with a wealth of experience and knowledge of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise
They can provide advice and guidance and can sense check your application to ensure the key questions have been answered in full. Please get in touch using the contact form or the details below.